DANIEL-L Archives

Archiver > DANIEL > 2000-01 > 0949160291

From: nelson <>
Subject: [DANIEL-L] Nehemiah Daniel
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:38:11 -0500

Can anyone help with this family?
Pat Nelson

Descendants of Robert Lyon
Generation No. 1
1. ROBERT1 LYON was born in Caswell County, NC, and died Abt. 1804. He
married REBECCA.
Notes for ROBERT LYON:
In the name of God Amen. I Robert Lyon of Caswell County of State of
North Carolina
being in a low state of health but of sound mind and memory do
constitute and ordain this my last will and testament revoking all will
or wills heretofore made by me.
Item I lend unto my beloved wife Rebecca Lyon three negros, old Grace,
Charles and
Cate, one feather bed & furniture,one gray mare by the name of Iwa, two
milk cows, four
head of fatning hogs, one sow & pigs & fifteen barrels of corn during
her natural life and at her death to be equally divided among my
children (viz) Jane Johnston, Ann Daniel, Mary Midlebrooks, William
Lyon, Robert Lyon, John Lyon, Temperance Poteat, them & their heirs.
Item I give unto my daughter Jane Johnston, one negro named Josh unto
her & her heirs
forever
Item I give unto my son, Robert Lyon, one negro boy named Reubin &
twenty pound
current money of Virginia unto him and his heirs forever.
I give unto the heirs of Mary Midlebrooks one negro boy named moses to
them and their heirs forever,
I lend unto my daughter Temperance Poteat one negro girl named Phillis &
twenty dollars in cash and if she should have an heir to her heirs
forever and if she should die without an heir to be equally divided
among my chidren before named.
Item I give unto my daughter Ann Daniel one negro girl named Amy unto
her & her heirs forever.
Item I give unto my son, John Lyon one Negro boy named Peter unto him
his heirs
forever.
Item I give unto my son William Lyon one negro boy named Phill to him &
his heirs
forever.
Item I give unto my grandson Emond Lyon forty pounds current money of
Virginia
Item I give unto my grand daughter Eliz Belsey Lyon twenty pounds
current money of
Virginia
It is my will and desire that my wife live on the land whereon I lived
during her life and at her death for it to be sold and equally divided
among my children above mentioned to viz Jane Johnston, Ann Daniel, Mary
Midlebrooks Heirs, WIlliam Lyon, Robert Lyon, John Lyon, Temperance
Poteat and as for the stock and all other property not given away to be
sold and dischare my lawfull debts and the balance to be equally divided
among my children above named.
Page 2
And lastly I do appoint James Burton & Henry Howard Executors to this my
last will and testament in testamony whereof I have hereunto set my hand
and seal this 23rd day of October 1804.

Signed sealed Robert Lyon **Seal**
In presence of

Sterling Gunn (Jurat)
Daniel Chandler Ews qualified
John Gunn (Jurat)

State of North Carolina
Caswell County

The execution of this will was duly proved in open court by the oaths of
Sterling Gunn
and John Gunn two of the subscribing witnesses thereto and on motion
ordered to be
recorded at the same time James Burton and Henry Howard qualified
executors to the
same and telling testamony issued.
Test RC Murphey CC
recorded book E, page 136RC Murphey CC
Children of ROBERT LYON and REBECCA are:
2. i. ANN2 LYON.
ii. MARY LYON, m. JOHN MIDDLEBROOK, JR..
iii. JANE LYON, m. NUAM JOHNSTON.
iv. ROBERT LYON, JR., m. ELIZABETH STEPHENS, 30 December 1821, Caswell
Co, NC.
More About ROBERT LYON and ELIZABETH STEPHENS:Marriage: 30 December
1821, Caswell Co, NC
v. JOHN LYON.
3. vi. UNK LYON.
vii. TEMPERANCE LYON, m. POTEAT.
viii. WILLIAM LYON.

Generation No. 2
2. ANN2 LYON (ROBERT1) She married NEHEMIAH DANIEL in Caswell County,
N. C., son of JAMES
DANIEL and ELIZABETH WEST. He was born Abt. 1760, and died August 1820
in GRAYSON CO., VA.
Notes for NEHEMIAH DANIEL:m.net Salt Lake City Film #031741. p.193
In the name of God Amen I Nehemiah Daniel of the County of Grayson and
state of Virginia being sick in body but of sound mind and disposing
memory for which I thank God and Calling to mind the uncertainty of
human life and being desirous to dispose of all such worldly estate as
it hath pleased God to bless me with I give and bequeath to Anny my wife
all my estate real and personal during her natural life or wideowhood
except she shall consider herself over stocked in that case she may
dispose of part
thereof provided it be equally divided amongst her children and at her
death my land together with all other property to be sold except the
young Sorrill horse which I have given to my son Nehemiah Daniel and all
the money arising from such sale tgether with the money I now have my
funeral and all other necessary expenses excepted shall be equally
divided amongst my after named children except Clara Morris and Nancy
Allin which two are not to have as much as the others by fifty dollars
as they have been
helped to that amount more that the others and the names of my children
are a follows to wit; Rebecca [unreadable], Clara Morris, Temply Allin,
Nancy Allin, Polly Dillard, Sally W., William Robert Daniel Fanny Hains
Drucillah Daniel and Nehemiah Daniel and lastly I do hereby constitute
and appoint my son Robert Daniel and Nehemiah Executors of this my last
will and Testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or
testaments by me heretofore made. In witness whereof I have hereunto
set my hand and affixed my seal this 3rd day of August 1820 sidned
sealed published and delivered as and for the last
will and testament of the above named Nehemiah Daniel in the
Presence of us.
S.
Amburn
his
Fielding
Lewis
Nathanial X Daniel [seal]

mark
Grayson August Court 1820
The last will and testment of Nehemiah Daniel was proven by Samuel
Amburn and Fielding Lewis
subscribing Witnesses and named to be recorded September Court 1820.
Robert Daniel entered into bond and qualified as Executor.
More About NEHEMIAH DANIEL and ANN LYON:Marriage: Caswell County, N. C.
Children of ANN LYON and NEHEMIAH DANIEL are:
i. NANCY3 DANIEL, m. JOHN ALLEN; b. 1784, Grayson Co., VA; d. 26 July
1877, Glen Fork,
WYOMING COUNTY, WV.
ii. REBECCA DANIEL, m. GEORGE HENIGIN.
iii. MARY DANIEL, m. EDWARD DILLARD.
iv. SALLY W DANIEL, m. HENRY MCMILLIAN.
v. ROBERT DANIEL.
vi. FANNY DANIEL, m. HARRIS.
vii. DRUCILLA DANIEL.
viii. NEHEMIAH DANIEL, m. KITTY MANKIN.
ix. CLARA DANIEL, m. MORRIS.
4. x. TEMPERANCE DANIEL, b. 1785; d. 1860.
3. UNK2 LYON (ROBERT1)
Children of UNK LYON are:
i. EDMUND3 LYON, m. ELIZABETH CHEATWOOD.
ii. ELIZABETH LYON.

Generation No. 3
4. TEMPERANCE3 DANIEL (ANN2 LYON, ROBERT1) was born 1785, and died
1860. She married CARR
ALLEN 10 March 1815 in Patrick Co., VA, son of WILLIAM ALLEN and ANN
STUART. He was born 17
January 1786 in Grayson Co., VA, and died Aft. 1864 in Raleigh Co., WV.
Notes for CARR ALLEN:
Ann Allen has VA as place of death.
Source: Wes Fulk
Carr Allen's birth 1850 census: annotated Carroll county, VA
384. Car Allen 64m, farmer, $100, b. VA: Temple 65f b. VA: Sally 22f, b.
VA; Jackson 20m, farmer, b.
VA
Carr Allen married Tempa Daniel in 1815 in Patrick. His father, William
Allen, settled on the Blue
Ridge on a 400 acre grant in the early days. Carr stayed when most of
the family moved away. Tempa
was Nehemiah Daniel's daughter. They did in the 1860's. Floyd and
Sidna were their grandsons
Notes: Our Allen & Wait family lines, compiled by Ethel A. Wolfe
Carr Allen was a farmer and he and his brother, Bailey Allen stayed in
VA when others of the family
moved to OH.
1810 Tax lists of VA, Grayson Co., VA Allen, Care a) 1 b) 0 c) 0
a) White Tithables
b) Slaves
c) Horses
VA marriages, Patrick Co., VA
Care Allen married Tempy Daniel 10 March 1815
Sur. Thomas Whitlock Min. Thomas Whitlock
More About CARR ALLEN:Fact 1: 1792, one record show this as birth date
More About CARR ALLEN and TEMPERANCE DANIEL:Marriage: 10 March 1815,
Patrick Co., VA
Children of TEMPERANCE DANIEL and CARR ALLEN are:
i. MARTHA JANE4 ALLEN.
ii. WILLIAM C. ALLEN, b. Abt. 1816.
iii. JOHN HENRY ALLEN, SR., b. 29 January 1817, Grayson Co., VA; d. 11
February 1893; m. SARAH
JOHNSON, 26 November 1840, Mt. Airy, NC.
More About JOHN ALLEN and SARAH JOHNSON:Marriage: 26 November 1840, Mt.
Airy, NC
iv. JEREMIAH ALLEN, b. 1818; d. 1897; m. (1) NANCY COMBS, 03 January
1844, Carroll Co., VA; b.
January 1827; d. 20 April 1882; m. (2) SARAH A. JONES NOOKESTER, 20
December 1883, Carroll
County, VA.
Notes for JEREMIAH ALLEN:Jeremiah Allen buried in Edwards cemetery near
Fancy Gap. Not listed
in cemetery book.
Per Wes Fulk:
Jeremiah Allen was recruited into Co. E, 29th Regm. of the VA Infantry
as a 2nd Lt. by Captain
Alexander Haynes on Aug. 6, 1861. Captain Haynes signed Allen for a one
year term at Fancy Gap,
but Jeremiah Allen re-enlisted for a 3 yr. tour on Nov. 24, 1863.
Jeremiah returned after the war to
his home in the vicinity of the Bear Trail east of the Blue Ridge
mountains and farmed until his death
in 1898.
One source ways born 1825, died 1897
More About JEREMIAH ALLEN and NANCY COMBS:Marriage: 03 January 1844,
Carroll Co., VA
More About JEREMIAH ALLEN and SARAH NOOKESTER:Marriage: 20 December
1883, Carroll
County, VA
v. ROBERT ALLEN, b. 12 October 1818, Wards Gap, Carroll County, VA; d.
21 June 1899, PATRICK
COUNTY, VA; m. ELVIRE DEEN, 05 January 1843, PATRICK COUNTY, VA.
More About ROBERT ALLEN and ELVIRE DEEN:Marriage: 05 January 1843,
PATRICK COUNTY,
VA
vi. JAMES L ALLEN, b. Abt. 1820; m. MARTHA.
vii. TEMPA ALLEN, b. Abt. 1822.
viii. SALLY L ALLEN, b. Abt. 1827; d. Aft. 1860; m. WILLIAM A.
MCMILLIAN.
ix. ANDREW JACKSON ALLEN, b. 1829; d. 12 April 1885; m. (1) HOPE A.; m.
(2) SARAH PAULINE
YOUNG; m. (3) MARTHA DIXON.

This thread: