DANIEL-L Archives

Archiver > DANIEL > 2004-02 > 1076275025

From: Vickie Lomon <>
Subject: Re: [DANIEL-L] Barzilla Danie
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:17:13 -0800 (PST)

IT may or may not be our Basil but this is a first find of the name Basil in VA.
We did a Daniel DNA test and Edward Daniel of Henry county, Va. matched the Basil DAniel line from NC. But we are stuck in Henry county, VA. trying to find out who the parents of Edward Daniel are, also know one seems to know for certain who Basil Daniel belongs to either.

"E.Daniel" <> wrote:
I recently found a Virginia Tax List 1782 - 1787 that lists the following:

Danie, Barzilla 1 5 Din
Danie, Thomas 2 32 Din
Danie, Thomas, Jr Din
Daniel, Cary Wells 1 8 Din

I believe Din to be Dinwiddie County.

I also found in some Virginia Revolutionary War Records the following:
>From Capt. Henry Speare's company: The following fines were levied. Fined 10 shs for missing 1 general muster: James McCoy, Henry Hardin, Jr., Enoch Job, William Davis, Zacheriah Campbell, John Cunningham, John Combs, Bazell Daniel, and John Odell.

Would really appreciate any information or comments regarding Barzilla Danie or Bazell Daniel in the above.

Elizabeth Daniel