DANIEL-L Archives

Archiver > DANIEL > 2009-12 > 1261343866

From: "" <>
Subject: [DANIEL] John of Orange County, Va., or Brunswick?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:17:46 -0000

Author: PayneDaniel
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.daniel/2282/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

One researcher says that Esther Daniel, born 1749 in Frederick, Va., m. Philmon Lacy, is the daughter of one John Daniel (1715-1792) of Orange County, Virginia? Also that, Edward Daniel, b. 1750 in Frederick was a son of the same John Daniel of Orange Co., Va. Is this John somehow mixed up with the Brunswick Co., Va. Daniels? I am not privy to documentation for the Daniel family of Orange, but if there is said documentation for these assignments, I will be pleased to change my records.

Philmon Lacy, the son of William and Sarah Lacy, did marry a Esther Daniel on or about 1770 in Augusta, Va., or it's environs. I have Philmon born in Brunswick Co., Va.

Now back to my inquiries about the Marshalls of Halifax County, NC, the census records not not appear to have this family or I have the wrong county etc.?

Important Note: