DANIEL-L Archives

Archiver > DANIEL > 2010-01 > 1262709902

Subject: [DANIEL] John Daniel of Orange County, Virginia
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:45:02 -0000

Author: PayneDaniel
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.daniel/2285/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

If the following be true: I suspect that these individuals were not Brunswick County Daniels?

On Jan 4, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Vickie Lomon wrote:

We have had our DNa tested (Vicky)
We match Basil Daniel, Brittain Daniel, James Henry Daniel, Pearson Daniel, Edward Daniel of Henry county, Va. who married Anne? Hopkins 1772, Shenadoah, Basil Jeremiah, William were on the 1800 Pendilton district, Census, Basil moved to Old Buncombe 1805, then came to Davidson county, TN. by 1812, then went to Shelby and Clay county, Illinois, then migrated to Carroll county, Ark.

How some ever, now, my previous inquiry about these so called folks from Orange County, Va.
The question is: Is John Daniel(s) of Orange County, Virginia, the father of Edward Daniel who married Anna Hopkins, Esther Daniel who married Philmon Lacy, or William Daniel who married an Ann LNU?

In my work on Brunswick County, Virginia I assign these folks to John Daniel Sr., of Brunswick County, Virginia; however, if there is proof that these individuals are the children of one said John Daniel (ca1715-1792) Of Orange, and first wife, then I would like to know? Now John of Brunswick was probably married twice as well so are there little overlaps developing between the two families. Supposedly, John Daniel Sr., of Brunswick Co., was of England and John of Orange arrived from England @ 1736. (John Daniel Sr. who married Elizabeth Marmaduke and second wife Sarah Weatherspoon.)

In her book Dorothy Daniels Machado (Edward to Edward a Daniels Family History) she assigns the three above individuals to John of Orange but interlaces the (s) on Daniel and that continues to the children. I don't recall an Daniel(s) in the family of John Daniel Sr., of Brunswick County, Virginia.

Bazel/Basil Daniel is another child listed by Dottie for John Daniel Sr., of Orange. We believe that Vicky's line should be down from the aforementioned Edward Daniel of Henry Co., Va., and not the family of Bazel(Basil) Daniel. That is the way I have it, but is Edward Daniel of Henry assigned properly?

Another question: Why settle on John with an (s) of Orange? Is there documentation for the children listed for this John, say a will?

These links are bogus? http://paynedaniel.com/DaniNsmond/D5.htm#i14583

PS, I have not delved into the "Native American" possibilities for these folks.

TOC

Important Note: