DARE-L Archives

Archiver > DARE > 2003-08 > 1060751583

From: "Barry Wetherington" <>
Subject: [Dare] Wm DARE b1629 Sandhurst Eng md Mary TAYLOR b1649
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:13:29 -0400

Hi Dares,

FYI, this is a potentially significant genealogic clue for the top of the Dare Tree (although it doesn't necessarily solve our, by far, greatest mystery; connecting to Ananias Dare md Eleanor White [dau of John White, leader of the Lost Colony] producing America's first natural anglo citizen Virginia Dare b 1586/7); but it still is significant. The New Jersey Dares have, through the efforts of that Line, assisted greatly by the untiring efforts of Bob Dare, traced their Dare line to Wm Dare b 1605. We also have even earlier Dares including, for ex, Mayor of Lyme Regis UK Wm Dare (see further below):

"1492 Aug William Dare chosen Mayor" [1492 Columbus sailed]

We have been unable to confirm the Wm DARE b1629 Sandhurst Eng md Mary TAYLOR b1649 determination, but feel it is worthy of being included in our family tree as a possibility. (Bob Dare's research suggests Wm md "Gertrude ..."

If anyone on the list has further info, please let us know by 'Replying All' to this message.

Barry

Father: William DARE b: 7 Jun 1629 in Sandhurst, Berkshire, England
Marriage 1 Mary TAYLOR b: 1649 in , , England
Children
1.. Elizabeth DARE b: 1678 in , , Maryland
2.. Nathaniel DARE
3.. Amy DARE

Wm DARE b1629 Sandhurst Eng md Mary TAYLOR b1649 (Bob Dare's research suggests Wm md "Gertrude ...")