DARNELL-L Archives

Archiver > DARNELL > 2002-01 > 1010953784

From: "Steph" <>
Subject: Re: [DARNELL-L] Jesse Read Darnell
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:34:18 -0600

Kelly,
This is most of what I have. Hope this helps.

Descendants of David Darnall (Dr)

Generation No. 1

1. DAVID DARNALL1 (DR) was born 1650-1660 in St Marys County, Maryland, and
died 1702 in Richmond County, Virginia. He married MARGRITT MOTT.

Child of DAVID (DR) and MARGRITT MOTT is:

2. i. DAVID2 DARNELL, b. 1680, St Marys County, Maryland; d. 1741,
Spottsylvania County, Virginia.

Generation No. 2

2. DAVID2 DARNELL (DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born 1680 in St Marys County,
Maryland, and died 1741 in Spottsylvania County, Virginia.

Children of DAVID DARNELL are:

3. i. ABRAHAM3 DARNALL, b. 1713, Spottsylvania County, Virginia; d. 1802,
Spottsylvania County, Virginia.

ii. ISAAC DARNALL.

Generation No. 3

3. ABRAHAM3 DARNALL (DAVID2 DARNELL, DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born 1713 in
Spottsylvania County, Virginia, and died 1802 in Spottsylvania County,
Virginia. He married ELIZABETH.

Child of ABRAHAM DARNALL and ELIZABETH is:

4. i. ABRAHAM4 DARNELL, b. 1743, Spottsylvania County, Virginia; d. 1811.

Generation No. 4

4. ABRAHAM4 DARNELL (ABRAHAM3 DARNALL, DAVID2 DARNELL, DAVID DARNALL1 (DR))
was born 1743 in Spottsylvania County, Virginia, and died 1811. He married
MARY ANN NELSON.

Child of ABRAHAM DARNELL and MARY NELSON is:

5. i. ABRAHAM5 DARNOLD, b. 1775, Goochland, Virginia.

Generation No. 5

5. ABRAHAM5 DARNOLD (ABRAHAM4 DARNELL, ABRAHAM3 DARNALL, DAVID2 DARNELL,
DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born 1775 in Goochland, Virginia. He married
ELIZABETH December 20, 1797.

Children of ABRAHAM DARNOLD and ELIZABETH are:

6. i. HENRY H6 DARNELL, b. 1813, Virginia; d. April 04, 1858, Scott Co,
Virginia.

ii. GEORGE WASHINGTON (DARNOLD) DARNELL.

7. iii. ABRAHAM (DARNOLD) DARNELL, b. 1824, Virginia; d. 1866.

Generation No. 6

6. HENRY H6 DARNELL (ABRAHAM5 DARNOLD, ABRAHAM4 DARNELL, ABRAHAM3 DARNALL,
DAVID2 DARNELL, DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born 1813 in Virginia, and died
April 04, 1858 in Scott Co, Virginia. He married HANNAH RETTA HENSLEY
1836-1838 in Virginia, daughter of FIELDING HENSLEY.

Children of HENRY DARNELL and HANNAH HENSLEY are:

i. WILLIAM J7 DARNELL, b. 1837, Virginia; m. ELIZABETH, Virginia.

Notes for WILLIAM J DARNELL:

Was a physician.

ii. JOHN DARNELL, b. 1840.

8. iii. ABRAHAM DARNELL, b. November 1841, Virginia; d. January 17, 1923,
Sitka, Sharp Co, Arkansas.

iv. POLLY A DARNELL, b. 1842.

v. JAMES DARNELL, b. 1843-1844; m. PAMELIA.

vi. ELKANAH DARNELL, b. September 18, 1845, Scott Co, Virginia; m. (1)
WINNIE IRENE WALKER YARBROUGH; m. (2) ALICE A PRATHER, November 19, 1875,
Fayette County, Illinois.

Notes for ELKANAH DARNELL:

Filed Civil War Pension in Illinois November 25, 1912 ? 8 Tennessee Cavalry

vii. JOSEPH DARNELL, b. 1847.

viii. SAMPSON DARNELL, b. 1849.

ix. KITTY DARNELL, b. 1851.

x. LAFAYATT DARNELL, b. 1853.

xi. ELIZABETH DARNELL, b. 1855.

xii. STEPHEN DARNELL, b. 1857.

Notes for STEPHEN DARNELL:

Lived with Elkanah in 1878.

xiii. MARTHA DARNELL, b. 1858.

7. ABRAHAM (DARNOLD)6 DARNELL (ABRAHAM5 DARNOLD, ABRAHAM4 DARNELL, ABRAHAM3
DARNALL, DAVID2 DARNELL, DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born 1824 in Virginia, and
died 1866. He married ELIZABETH SHELLEY.

Children of ABRAHAM DARNELL and ELIZABETH SHELLEY are:

i. ISAAC S7 DARNELL, b. March 31, 1848, Virginia.

ii. SARAH CATHERINE DARNELL, b. November 09, 1851, Virginia.

iii. WILLIAM H DARNELL, b. March 30, 1855, Virginia.

iv. LUCY L DARNELL, b. October 03, 1860, Virginia.

v. REBECCA DARNELL, b. February 02, 1850, Virginia.

Generation No. 7

8. ABRAHAM7 DARNELL (HENRY H6, ABRAHAM5 DARNOLD, ABRAHAM4 DARNELL, ABRAHAM3
DARNALL, DAVID2 DARNELL, DAVID DARNALL1 (DR)) was born November 1841 in
Virginia, and died January 17, 1923 in Sitka, Sharp Co, Arkansas. He married
MARY ANN FLEENOR 1865 in Virginia, daughter of ADAM FLEENOR and MARTHA
CHILDS.

Children of ABRAHAM DARNELL and MARY FLEENOR are:

i. SYLVIA J8 DARNELL, b. 1867; m. WILLIE ADARE.

Notes for SYLVIA J DARNELL:

Thursday, July 5, 1888, Vol 11 No 31 SHARP COUNTY TEACHERS: The following
named persons were granted certificates to teach in the public schools of
the county for the next two years, at the recent public examination in this
place: Sylvia Darnell

ii. LOU NELLIE DARNELL, b. May 08, 1868, Virginia; d. February 23, 1910,
Collin Co, Texas; m. DAVID SANDERS, November 09, 1889.

iii. SANFORD JACK DARNELL, b. December 12, 1869, Vandalia, Fayette Co,
Illinois; d. November 08, 1961, Sitka, Sharp Co, Arkansas; m. LAURA GEORGIA
ANN HIGGINBOTTOM, October 28, 1894, Williford, Sharp Co, Arkansas.

iv. ISABEL J DARNELL, b. November 1874, Illinois; m. (1) JIM STUMBO,
Illinois; m. (2) ROBERT ALLEN.

Notes for ISABEL J DARNELL:

Was called Aunt Bell.

v. CORA DARNELL, b. February 14, 1877, Illinois; d. Abt. 1969, Arkansas
Pass, Texas; m. JAMES JIMPSON WARD, December 24, 1899, Williford, Sharp Co,
Arkansas.

vi. LAURA MINNESOTA DARNELL, b. October 07, 1882, Illinois; m. GEORGE W
HIGGINBOTHAM, 1900, Williford, Sharp Co, Arkansas.

Notes for LAURA MINNESOTA DARNELL:

Was called Aunt Soat.

vii. MANDY DARNELL.

viii. ELIZABETH DARNELL, b. March 1884.