DAVIDSON-L Archives

Archiver > DAVIDSON > 2009-06 > 1244055675

From: "jimsnodgrass tds.net" <>
Subject: Re: [DAVIDSON] Inventory of Import John Davison's Estate 1749
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:01:15 -0400

Thanks and the weapons are a surprise to me. Many of htat time span did not
keep weapons as part of the inventory but the number of bushels of corn,
horses, cattle were always listed.
I lkied the legalism of Va. and I think NC in listing everytthing. If he
owned property in Va. would not a separate lisitng be part of the records
there.
Also normally a son who is in practice or work with a father would note what
items he retained of the common property and an analysis including the costs
would be included in the inventory.
Also I woud suggest you check the court records for the next year or so as
there are supplementary records often as part of the inventory.
Jim