DAVIS-L Archives

Archiver > DAVIS > 2003-02 > 1044499865

Subject: [DAVIS ] Jesse Davis b.1799/1800 in South Carolina
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:51:05 -0500

Surnames: Davis, Metzger
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/SNR.2ACEB/14139

Message Board Post:

Hello out there, I am still looking for the parents and or siblings for
Jesse Davis born 1799/1800 in South Carolina. He married Margaret Metzger
in Effingham County, GA on 28 Jan. 1828. They lived there until they moved
to Alachua County, Florida in the fall of 1850. They had William Henry,
Catherine, Mary Caroline, Raiford, Moses (my ancestor), Louisa, Richard C.
and Perry B. He died in Alachua county on 13 Feb. 1857 at age 57. They
were "middle class". They left the farm in GA to Catherine and her husband
to work. They moved to Florida with a hand full of slaves. Do any of your
work connect into this line? Drop me a line at: Debbie
Thanks Debbie Rotstein

This thread: