DAVIS-L Archives

Archiver > DAVIS > 2007-01 > 1167683808

From: "" <>
Subject: [DAVIS] Thomas DAVIS family of Slimbridge, England
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:36:48 -0000

Surnames: DAVIS, WARNER, HALE, LORD, YATES
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.davis/25852/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am researching my DAVIS family from Slimbridge, England. Below is my family starting with my 4th great grandfather, Thomas DAVIS.

My 4th great grandfather, Thomas DAVIS married Ann HALE, 7 Jun 1778 in Slimbridge, England. Thomas was buried 21 Jan 1823.

Thomas and Ann had the following children:

Deborah, christened 27 Jul 1778
Thomas, christened 6 Jan 1780
Nancy, christened 8 Feb 1782
George, christened 6 Jul 1783
Joseph, christened 9 Jul 1786
Henry, christened 10 Feb 1793

My 3rd great grandfather, Joseph DAVIS married Elizabeth WARNER, 9 Aug 1819. Joseph was buried 17 May 1835 in Slimbridge.

Joseph and Elizabeth had the following children:

Henry, born about 1817
Daniel Hale, christened 29 Feb 1820
George, christened 21 Jan 1823
Joseph, christened 4 Jan 1824
Catherine Ann Hale, christened 31 Jul 1825
Elizabeth Mary, christened 15 Jul 1827
Caroline Hannah, christened 22 Apr 1830
Louisa Ann, christened 4 Feb 1832
Edith Ann, christened 9 Mar 1834

After Joseph died, Elizabeth married William LORD, 26 Dec 1837 in St. Michael in Gloucester. Elizabeth and William moved to Aston, England, but were back in Slimbridge in the 1851 census. In 1841, Elizabeth's children from her marriage to Joseph DAVIS were living with her in Aston. Also, Elizabeth and William had a child of their own, a son named William LORD.

In the 1851 census, Henry was married to Hannah ??? and living in Aston. With Henry was his brother, Joseph and sister, Edith.

In the 1851 census, Daniel was married to Elizabeth YATES and living in Aston with their son Harry, who died later that year.

In the 1851 census, Elizabeth was a House Servant for the Edward BOWER family.

I have been unable to find George, Caroline or Louisa in the 1851 census.

My 2nd great grandfather was Daniel Hale DAVIS, who in 1853 came to the United States.

I would like to hear from anyone related to these families.

James DAVIS

This thread: