DAVIS-L Archives

Archiver > DAVIS > 2010-01 > 1263353840

From: Barton Lewis <>
Subject: [DAVIS] Surry County, NC Davises
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:37:20 -0800

I am looking for any Davises who hailed from Surry County, NC sometime in
the late 1700s through the 1820s who have had their DNA tested. My
ancestor, David Davis, was in Surry in the late 18th century till his death,
sometime between 1806 and 1810. He served a one year term in the North
Carolina House of Commons in 1805. He left a large estate, and had 8
children (Squire, Reece, David, Martin, Deborah, John, Evan, and Drucinda).
His wife was named Anne and her maiden name may have been Richardson. There
were several Davis families in Surry County at this time which may or may
not have been related to mine - including a Matthew Davis. I am trying to
sort out the various families and a Davis cousin of mine has agreed to take
the DNA test. I can't tell from the Davis Surname DNA Project if any Davis
descendants whose ancestors were Surry County families have tested, but it
does not appear to be the case.

Barton Lewis

This thread: