DEED-MAPPER-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > DEED-MAPPER-USERS > 2006-05 > 1148155536

From: "Mary McCampbell Bell" <>
Subject: RE: DeedMapper tech support
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:05:36 -0400

Sam,
I have been using Deedmapper since it first came on the market and have
loved it! Steve Broyles, the developer, has been very generous with his time
over the years whenever I have encountered a problem. The beauty of it is
that you can chain the plats together and move them on the map. Others have
had luck importing topo maps into the program; however, it has never worked
for me to my satisfaction. If you purchase Steve's maps, they do not give
you the detail for roads and creeks that the USGS map will have but they
give you enough detail to be able to locate your property on the regular
USGS map. If you have never learned to plat manually, it may become
frustrating when you encounter problem deeds, but over all I think you will
use it and love the program!

Mary McCampbell Bell, CG
Coordinator, Course 10, Land Records: Metes and Bounds Platting and Analysis
IGHR, Samford University