DEED-MAPPER-USERS-L Archives

Archiver > DEED-MAPPER-USERS > 2010-05 > 1273817567

From: Greg Matthews <>
Subject: Re: [DMU] Thinking of buying...newbie here...soliciting feedback onthe software
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:12:47 -0400

Just entering coords won't generate a map for you. It will generate the
borders of the deed based on the data points you've entered. The data can
be GPS coords, metes/bounds info, etc.

The DeedMapper folks can provide back ground maps for some areas. If none
is available you can still import maps from images. Lately I've been
converting USGS pdf's to tiff and using those in areas where they don't
offer a map. In the past I've seen posts on here about other sources for
maps so check the archives. While I've never done it I believe you can set
the lat/long for the map center point you've imported then you could, for
example, export that to KML which can be read by several programs/web sites
such as Google Maps. There are other options such as using GPS points and
others possibly, but I've never gotten into that personally.

Steve Broyles, the guy that does the software, posts on here so he might
chime in. So, if you go with DeedMapper you've got the ear of the developer
on this mail list plus a lot of other helpful folks.

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Penelope Athey <>wrote:

> Just the kind of feedback I needed on the quality. Is this going to show me
> a map of where the land is, just by entering the coordinates? That's my main
> need. Thanks agian.
>
> --- On Thu, 5/13/10, Greg Matthews <> wrote:

This thread: