DEEN-L Archives

Archiver > DEEN > 2007-01 > 1168953261

From: ,
Subject: [DEEN] IRA J. DEEN - ARTIST IN PA 1874-1952
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:14:21 -0000

Surnames: DEEN, MCDONALD
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.deen/266/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi - I am searching for information on his children or grandchildren. More specifically, Dora Deen-McDonald. My son found a painting signed DEEN, with a blurb hand written on the back: Mrs Dora Deen-McDonald (*then an address) and Kennerdell Arts Festival 8/4/68.

I would like to know if this Dora Deen-McDonald is the daughter or granddaughter of Ira J. Deen. Her artwork is extremely similar to Ira Deen's.

blessings, and Thank you - Mary

Information on Ira J. Deen from AskArt.com:

Birth
1874 (Mount Union, Pennsylvania)

Death
1952 (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)

Lived/Active
Pennsylvania

Biography from The State Museum of Pennsylvania:
Self taught and studied with Julius Augustus Beck and John Froelich.

Taught art at his studio.

Primarily painted scenes around Harrisburg and the Susquehanna River.

Founder and treasurer of the Harrisburg Sketch Club - the forerunner of the Harrisburg Art Association.

Exhibited at Mary Sacks Gallery, John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion and the Historical Soceity of Dauphin County.

This thread: