DELOACH-L Archives

Archiver > DELOACH > 2007-08 > 1187384905

Subject: [DELOACH] Simon Deloach
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:08:25 EDT

In going thru my notes I found Simon Deloach of Dickson County Tennessee
mentioned.
I have NO IDEA who he is, and I am not so far as I know related to him, but
am passing this along for the benefit of those who might be related.
In the tax sales listed below, I have deleted over 100 other names. If Simon
is yours, please check the website for related names.
One interesting fact about Simon is that he is listed in the Dickson Co, TN
as a Revolutionary War Pensioner, but he is only 57 yrs old--born in 1783. The
Census enumeration is very clear and easy to read.
Apparently this is the reason he was mentioned in the Congressional
record--see below.
Jessie Hearle
http://www.rootsweb.com/~gatalbot/census/1840talb.html
1840 United States Census
Talbot County, Georgia
Page 201 Simon Deloach
http://www.rootsweb.com/~tndickso/pension.htm
REVOLUTIONARY AND MILITARY PENSIONERS IN 1840
of Dickson County, Tennessee
Pensioner Age In the Home of:
Simon Deloach 57 Head of House
(1840 U.S. Census) TENNESSEE , DICKSON, DISTRICT 4 Series: M704 Roll: 520
Page: 203
1 m age 15-20, 1 m age 50-60; 1 f age 15-20, 1 f age 50-60 Rev War Pensioner
Simon Deloach, age 57
http://www.ba044ancestry.com/MatlockMedlock/LukeMatlocksonofMooreMatlock.html
Excerpts from "Dickson County, TN Handbook”
George Light, Pages 211-212,
Inventory and account of sale of George Light, deceased on 29 July 183_
Buyers: George Tilly, Jas. Choat, Z. Drummond, Richard Coke, Simon Deloach,
George Kelly, J. A. Bowen, Joseph Choat, Luke Matlock, Hartwell Weaver, B. G.
Ragan, H. J. Shropshire, Peter Cooke, Thomas Hudson, John A. Bullock, Peter
Light, William Willyk, Jas. Cook, J. R. Drake, Louis Ticer, Thomas McClellan,
John Shropshire. Jos. (or Jas.) Choat, administrator.
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Tennessee Genealogy Forum
Howell Underwood and wife Sally Mabin
Posted by: Leona Headley (ID *****0333) Date: July 04,
I am searching for any information on Howell Underwood and his wife Sally
Mabin. Sally is part of my Mabin line.
They where in Dickson County, Tennessee in 1840 and I believe I found them in
Union County, Kentucky in 1850.
The following was collected from a book:
Tenn: MABIN, John - Died in 1843. Wm. James and Wm. E. Slayden were the
administrators. Heirs were Sally Underwood wife of Howel Underwood and living in
Kentucky, Peggy who married Thomas Hunter and is now dead leaving several
children whose names are unknown and live in Illinois, Nancy Skelton who lives in
Ilinois, Anna Etheridge and her husband Burrell Etheridge who live in Missouri,
Elizabeth and her husband Joseph Hunter who live in Illinois, and Mary Tatom,
Simon Deloach and Elly Ann Deloach of Dickson County, Tennessee. (Dic TN, Cir
Ct Min, B/531)
Sally's father was living with them in 1840.
Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Leona J. Headley

House Bills : Index to 23rd Congress, 1st Session
INDEX TO BILLS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Deloach, Simon ... 1 ... 42
Archiver </> > DELOACH </th/index/DELOACH> > 1998-02
</th/index/DELOACH/1998-02> > 0887733791
<mailto:> (Leona Headley)
Subject: MABANE/DeLOACH in Dickson Co. TN
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 96 23:56:08 -0600 (GMT)
Searching for information on Elly Ann MABANE/MABIN, daughter of John
MABANE/MABIN from Guilford County NC and Dickson County TN. She married Simon DeLOACH.
They were last known to be living in Dickson Co. TN in 1843. I believe they
had a son, also named Simon Deloach who married Ginnett Biter on 13 July 1848
in Dickson Co. TN.
Any help or leads on this line would be greatly appreciated.
Leona Headley
3310 W. Teel Rd.
Sapulpa, OK 74066
{ <mailto:>}