DELONG-L Archives

Archiver > DELONG > 2004-03 > 1078171392

Subject: Re: George/Elizabeth Ward Delong line...Penn. late 17
Date: 1 Mar 2004 13:03:12 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/wlR.2ACEB/584.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1

Message Board Post:

OK, you all have me really excited, as I have had such trouble researching my DeLONG ancestors. The following is what I THINK I know about my line of descent starting with the oldest generation I've found: George R. DeLong, Sr., born about 1745 Berks Co., PA?, died about 1820 Guernsey Co. (now Noble Co.), OH, married Elizabeth Jane Ward (b. 1748 Donegal, Ireland-d. about 1818 Wayne Twp., near Kennonsburg, Guernsey Co., (now Noble Co.) OH. Their son was John Francis DeLong, Sr., b. 4-24-1770 "somewhere" in PA, d. Apr. 14, 1840 Beaver Twp., Guernsey Co. (now Noble Co.), OH, married Sarah Winteringer b. 1772 in PA, d. 1846 in Beaver Twp., Guernsey Co. (now Noble Co.), OH. Their son was George DeLong born about 1794 Mifflin Co., PA, d. Oct. 08, 1839 Ross Co., OH, married Rachel Abrams. Their son was James DeLong, b. 1820 "somewhere" in OH, d. June 1854 Pike Co., OH, married Abigail Dunkel (date & place unknown), Abigail was born Sept. 21, 1821 Ohio, died March 24, 1893 Waln!
ut Twp., Pickaway Co., OH. Their son was John B. DeLong, born circa 1843, date of death & place unknown (he was my great grandfather). (After James DeLong's death, Abigail Dunkel DeLong remarried to Conrad Ett in Pickaway Co., OH.)

I would like to know which of the people who posted messages regarding George & Elizabeth Ward DeLong would be willing to exchange information with me through direct e-mails -- or if you can refute or confirm that any of the above information is correct.

Thank you ever so much!! - Karen

This thread: