DENDY-L Archives

Archiver > DENDY > 2001-06 > 0991488850

From: "W. T. Welch" <>
Subject: Death of Prof. T. W. Dendy
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 08:41:30 -0500

Good morning,

I came across the following obit in the book, "Crenshaw Co. (Alabama) Obituaries and Deaths 1910-1919" by Joyce Morgan English and thought someone might be interested in it:

"Prof. T.W. Dendy died March the 27th from injuries in a tornado that blew Petery away Monday night,
there were seven deaths. The citizens of Petery began Wednesday morning burying the dead. Mr. Dendy was buried at Live Oak Cemetery in the evening. His daughter, Bessie, was also killed, she was to be married in a few days. (The Luverne Journal-March 29, 1917"
Thomas William Dendy (b. 1860 d. Mar 27 1917) was the son of Daniel Cornelius and Mary Surles Dendy. He was a reverand & a professor. He was m. to Ida A. Perdue and their children were:
1. Paul LaTaste Dendy d. at 6 months
2. William Rivers Dendy m. Esther Moody
3. Elizabeth Bessie d. in tornada
4. Eryn Lucille Dendy m. Lewis River Fannin

I haven't received any Dendy messages in a long time and was wondering if I had been taken off the list or, if the list was still alive.

Wynnette Tucker Welch

This thread: