DENMARK-L Archives

Archiver > DENMARK > 2002-06 > 1024772319

From: Erik Helmer Nielsen <>
Subject: Re: [DK] Adopting a Parish
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:00:42 +0200

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:36:28 -0700, Rock wrote

>.......... find more by "adopting" the parish and working
>out the relationships of everyone in it. This would include relationships
>found in other records such as probate

>Has any one here done that?

Well, not relationship of everyone, but quite a lot, yes.
Those of you reading Danish are welcome to take a look at my
Internet page www.boerne.dk.
There you will find some data from the 5 Funen parishes, Helnæs,
Dreslette, Haarby, Flemløse, Sønderby.
The pages include specific stories about the occupants of all
farms in the Funen villages Helnæs, Dreslette, Sønderby,
Strandby, Nellemose, back to many years before parish records are
available.
I have hereby identified most of my ancestors, one branch goes
back to around year 1540.
It turns out that almost everybody in those parishes are related
to one another. I have combined many of the inhabitants in a
family tree, which today contains about 12.000 persons, all of
which are somehow related, be it direct or indirect.
Rock is an honorable member of this family tree.

You don't have to be a Dane and live in Denmark to do this kind
of work. I know a genealogist living in California doing such a
broad research in the same Funen villages. His knowledge is very
impressive and I have learned a lot from him.

Erik Helmer Nielsen

This thread: