DENMARK-L Archives

Archiver > DENMARK > 2003-08 > 1060770643

Subject: Re: [DK] Fw: This is quite funny.
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:30:43 EDT

I think this is just supposed to be a joke, and not to be taken seriously.
The spelling has not been changed. It is like the OLE & LENA jokes, " ver
ve bring in da Scan-di-nav-ian accents."I was raised in North/West
Wisconsin,in the1930's and most all of the Scandinavians sounded "dhat vay"encluding my
folks.When I started kindergarten,"I sounded dat vay too",because, Iwe only
spoke Danish at home,and I had to learn English.
LOL..... I still say "JAA" instead of yes and I am 72 yrs old.
Greta

This thread: