DENMARK-L Archives

Archiver > DENMARK > 2003-09 > 1063127484

From: Johnson <>
Subject: Re: Re: [DK] Place/locality names ending in ---sted.
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:10:13 -1000 (UTC)

My intent was to emphasize Ian's point that one should be careful in one's spelling and not mistakenly write stad "in stead" of sted or vice-versa.

Entirely too much was made of his comment. While perfect spelling is not a prerequsite for this list, It is always worth a try. It is crucial in finding Danish placenames in online databases.

Rock