DERBYSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > DERBYSGEN > 2000-06 > 0961842897

From: "Ian Rhodes" <>
Subject: [DBY] Hatting in Hayfield
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:34:57 +0100

I received a marriage certificate this morning for a relative who was living in Dinting, Hayfield in 1844. Most of his life before and after this date was spent in Denton, Lancashire where he worked as a hatter. I can only assume that his brief spell in Derbyshire was because of his work. Does anyone know if the Hayfield area had a hatting industry at this time?

Ian Rhodes

Family history website: www.gravelbank.co.uk

Researching:
RHODES in Flockton, Yorks and Mottram and Dukinfield, Ches
BINNIE in Falkirk, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs and Dukinfield, Ches
HARROP in Glossop, Derb and Mottram, Ches
PRESTWICH in Manchester, Audenshaw and Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs
CRABTREE in Haughton and Denton, Lancs and Hyde, Ches
MOLESDALE in Cadishead and Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs and Dent County, Missouri
SHORROCKS in Liverpool and Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs
STANLEY in Audenshaw, Bolton and Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs
WALKER in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs
CARTWRIGHT in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs
RATCLIFFE in Mottram, Ches
THORPE in Bootle, Lancs and Mottram, Ches
WALKER in Gee Cross, Hyde, Ches
RIDGWAY in Hyde, Cheshire
HIGHLAND/HILAND in Manchester, Droylsden and Ashton-under-Lyne
WARDLE in Hayfield, Derb and Denton, Lancs
STANSFIELD in Newton Heath, Manchester and Denton, Lancs
ROWLAND in Denton, Lancs

This thread: