DERBYSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > DERBYSGEN > 2001-04 > 0988572840

Subject: Re: [DBY] Granny's sayings.
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:34:00 EDT

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your reply. It was the "Youre like a man I'm Auntie
to" that I was especially interested in, as I had never come across anyone
else who used this expression. I must admit Ive never heard the "dont call
me late for dinner" one, but will ask my Dad if he remembers it.
My Dad incidentally, remembers seeing Alice in the bacon box at Little
Eaton (I said Long Eaton didn't I?!) As a child he remembers being taken to
a fair at Little Eaton and walking past where she lived. This would probably
have been about 1930 I would imagine

Regards,
Alison

oxoxoxoxAlisonoxoxoxox