DERBYSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > DERBYSGEN > 2013-07 > 1372840555

From: Peter Patilla <>
Subject: [DBY] Crich Visitation 1636
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:35:55 +0100

Morning all
Just to say I have added Dr Alan Wilcockson's lated contribution of the 1636 Crich Visitation to the www.crichparish.co.uk site.
I rather like this one as it gives an interesting insight into the character of some of the people living in Crich in 1636 and what the church thought about it.
Alan has furnished me with a great many ancient documents (all translated and transcribed) since I set up the site for which I am extremely grateful. They are a historian's delight.

Very soon I hope to add a link showing the Lea Mills WWI records, photographs, etc. Still hoping to get more information on the Mill, its workforce and the men who left to serve. So, if anyone has info I will be delighted to hear from you. What we have looks rather interesting. Watch this space...

Peter

This thread: