DEU-ALZENAU-KAHLGRUND-L Archives

Archiver > DEU-ALZENAU-KAHLGRUND > 2004-07 > 1089455429

From: (Peter Hufgard)
Subject: Re: [Kahlgrund] Steigerwald and Steigerwald descendants
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:30:29 +0200

Hello Helen

Thank you so much for the information on the Steigerwald/ Staab. I would be very
interested to get the contact of the cemetery administration. Perhaps they know
more about the people which you have listed . I checked every of these names
and they were not in my data base which is actually not surprising as many many
Steigerwald and Staab from the Kahlgrund Spessart region emigrated to the USA.
There were also Steigerwald from other areas.
However the association of the names Staab and Steigerwald and the name of St.
Wendelin Cemetery and Loretto Cemetery somehow rings a bell with me that we have
indeed here Kahlgrund emigrants or their descendants. Are their any people in
this area who could perhaps identify a lineage of one or two generations of any
of the people buried ? Can you also tell me where exactly (in which town and
state) the two cemeteries are located ? Now as for typical Kahlgrund names which
could be found in these cemeteries you can look for some of the following names.
(All of them had large numbers of emigrants). Geis, Amrhein (various spellings
of the name ), Rosenberger, Fleckenstein, Stein, Lippert, Hornung, Amberg,
Bienemann, Heilmann, Stenger, Bergmann, Schaefer/Schäfer, Wissel, Thoma,
Kilgenstein, Stadtmueller/Stattmiller, Reising, Simon, Hofmann, Eisert,
Bruckner, Brickner, Brueckner, Nees, Neff, Lippert, Wenzel just to name a few.
Often the Kahlgrund people tended to cluster together in the USA as they tended
to migrate to areas where they had either relatives or where they knew people
lived from their close surrounding in Germany. I have many of these lines listed
in my data base but as there were a few thousand people leaving the Kahlgrund it
is not so easy to locate all the descendants today in the USA or elsewhere.
Best regards

Peter Hufgard

Helen Owens schrieb:
> Peter,
> Here are some headstones in two cemeteries near me. No guarantee they
> are right. If you want I can give you the addresses of the cemetery
> offices. HELEN L> Do you have other names you want me to check?
>

> Loretto Cemetery
> Steigerwald, Peter1/1/1920-2/13/1920woods below bottom
> Steigerwald, Anton1882-1969R1H72 Right side Entrancefather
section 3
> Steigerwald, Katharine A1884-1954R1H72 Right side Entrance
mothersection 3
> Steigerwald, Katherine1904-1921R1H72 Right side Entrance
daughtersection 3
> Steigerwarld A. MarkerR1H71 Right side Entrance
section 3