DEU-ALZENAU-KAHLGRUND-L Archives

Archiver > DEU-ALZENAU-KAHLGRUND > 2004-07 > 1089638485

From: Helen Owens <>
Subject: Re: [Kahlgrund] Steigerwald and Steigerwald descendants
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:21:25 -0400

Hi Peter,

My only link to Kahlgrund area are my great great grandparents,
Elizabeth Hirsch and John ADAM Rosenberger. They married here in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on December 21, 1853 at St. Philomena. On one
child's baptismal record they listed their home area's as
Alzenau,(John)and Aschaffenberg(Elizabeth) Since then I learned her
sister Margaret was christened in Sailauf. From their deaths here I
estimated there around 1830. From family stories I have heard cousins
as being Ahmriens, Fleckentstein, I know from records a Christoff
Voelker, a cousin b 1854 immigrated 1880 married here a Caroline Turgi.
I also recognize from conversations some of the names you listed such
Wenzel. Another cemetery you might try for names is St. John Vianney,
823 Climax St. Pittsburgh Pa 15210-2350. Christoff is buried there.
Here are a few more names for you

From St. Wendelin Cemetery

STEIN, ALBERT J3/7/1897-2/12/1964PVT CO B 127TH ENGRS WWILBR9H1
STEIN, CLARA C1898-1985LBR9H1
STEIN, IDA1911-1993DAUGHTERHR11H7
STEIN, JOSEPH V1902-1988LBR2H12
STEIN, MAGDALENA1874-1963MOTHERHR11H8
STEIN, MARGARET A1908-?LBR2H12
STEIN, ROSELLA M1895-1943LFRR6H8
STEIN, SYLVIA?-1/14/1992DAUGHTERHR11H9
STEIN, WALTER J1889-1951LFRR6H7

AMRHEIN, CHARLES M1900-1955UFR5H17
AMRHEIN, ROSE E1901-1992UFR5H17

Loretto Cemetery
I think I sent these, but just in case I did not.

Steigerwald, Anton1882-1969R1H72 Right side Entrancefathersection 3
Steigerwald, Katharine A1884-1954R1H72 Right side Entrancemothersection 3
Steigerwald, Katherine1904-1921R1H72 Right side Entrancedaughtersection 3
Steigerwarld A. MarkerR1H71 Right side Entrance
section 3

STENGER CARRIE C1905-1973IRR7H5
STENGER JOSEPH W1906-1980IRR7H4