DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-10 > 1004473237

From: "Pat Farrar" <>
Subject: Re: Lavers
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:20:37 -0500

It is great to see LAVERS "popping up" on the list!!

Maria Ann LAVERS born in 1825 in Devonport married William MEAD in June 1842
in East Stonehouse. Her father was Robert LAVERS, a timber merchant, born
about 1793 in Blackunton(? Blackawton?- spelling from 1851 Census), Devon.

All of the above ( and assorted children and grandchildren) were found in
1851 in Pembroke Dock, Wales. William and Maria emigrated to Canada about
1857.

William and Maria's children often had "second" names that were surnames -
VOLLETT, PASCOE, BARTHOLOMEW so I suspect that there are connections to
these names as well. It may be that VOLLETT was William Mead's mother's
surname rather than a LAVERS family name.

Here's hoping....

Pat