DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2003-07 > 1057241861

From: "David" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Brewer family of Stoke Gabriel
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:17:41 -0400

Hi Jenny,

I checked the 1851 census CD, and there were three John BREWERs who were
either born in, or living in Stoke Gabriel.

Name Relationship Mar Age Sex Occupation Birthplace
John BREWER Head W 48 M Carpenter Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Mary A. BREWER Daur U 18 F (Dau) Housekeeper Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Isacc BREWER Son - 13 M Scholar Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Elizabeth BREWER Daur - 10 F Scholar Stoke Gabriel-DEV
John BREWER Son - 8 M Scholar Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Address: Berry Village, Totnes
Census Place: Berry Pomeroy Totnes, Devonshire
PRO Reference: HO/107/1874 Folio: 168 Page: 4 FHL Film: 0221022

Name Relationship Mar Age Sex Occupation Birthplace
Henry SEARLE Head M 50 M Farmer 167 Acres Employing 3 Labs
Berry Pomeroy-DEV
Eliza SEARLE Wife M 38 F (Farmer Wife) Dartington-DEV
Henry SEARLE Son - 9 M Scholar Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Grace NOSSWORTHY or NORSWORTHY
Serv U 17 F (Farm) House Serv Stoke Gabriel-DEV
John BREWER Serv - 15 M Farm Serv Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Robert NOSSWORTHY or NORSWORTHY
Serv - 14 M Farm Serv Stoke Gabriel-DEV
Address: Village, Totnes
Census Place: Stoke Gabriel Totnes, Devonshire
PRO Reference: HO/107/1873 Folio: 136 Page: 11 FHL Film: 0221021

David in Pennsylvania