DEWEESE-L Archives

Archiver > DEWEESE > 2008-10 > 1225287539

From: "Vaughn, Jack C. Dr." <>
Subject: Re: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:38:59 -0400
In-Reply-To: <mailman.453.1225177275.28982.deweese@rootsweb.com>

Hello, Bobbie:

I serve as Dewees/Deweese Family Archivist, and have over the years worked along with many other family researchers on virtually every Deweese line. Years ago, we worked on your Solomon Deweese, and I wrote that study up in a formal letter (with source references). I don't think a scan of my old letter will be taken by this list, and so I will be writing you individually with more details. But as long as we are here, I can tell you that your Solomon was indeed b. 4 August 1813, and that the location was N.C. He died on 21 November 1880 in what was then Indian Territory (now LeFlore Co., OK), and is buried at Scullyville Cem. He m. Mary Ann Flannery on 25 November 1835 in Johnson Co., IL. We have the names of all the children by his first marriage from the contents of an obituary on his wife Mary Ann that appeared in the St. Louis Christian Advocate of the Methodist Episcopal Church, which also gives the date and place of her marriage. It was this marriage location and other research that led us to his father, who was Henry Deweese (b. 1789), youngest son of Henry the elder (d. After 1830 in Buncombe Co., NC). Solomon moved around a lot, being on the 1840 Johnson Co., IL census, the 1850 St. Francois Co., MO census, the 1860 Collin Co., TX census, and the 1870 Texas Co., MO.

On 10/28/08 3:01 AM, "" <> wrote:

Today's Topics:

1. Solomon Deweese (Bobbie)
2. Solomon Deweese (Judith Walters)
3. Re: Solomon Deweese (Bobbie)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:07:38 -0500
From: "Bobbie" <>
Subject: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese
Message-ID: <>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I am new to this list so hopefully someone can help me. I am looking for information on Solomon Deweese b. 4 Aug 1813 in Tennessee md. 25 Nov. 1835 to Mary Ann Flannery b. 16 Mar, 1817 in Livingston Co. KY Children were:
Samuel,
Sarah,
Miranda,
Nancy Charlotte, (married George Leonard Ford) my line
Mary,
Rebecca,
Willian H,
Isaac,
Carolina Lucinda,
Martha,
Nancy J

second marriage may have been Leticia Unknown with one son born 1865 Willie Deweese

I would appreciate any information anyone has on Solomon's ancestors. Thanks in advance.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:56:33 -0800
From: "Judith Walters" <>
Subject: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese
Message-ID: <000f01c9388f$a55946a0$>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset=iso-8859-1;
reply-type=original

Hello,

This Solomon Deweese was born in North Carolina according to the 1870 census
of Texas County, Missouri. He was listed there with wife Lutitia and five of
his children. I do not know who his parents were. Good luck with the search.

Judith Allison Walters
Visit my web page!
From: "Bobbie" <>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 12:07 PM
Subject: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese

>I am new to this list so hopefully someone can help me. I am looking for
>information on Solomon Deweese b. 4 Aug 1813 in Tennessee md. 25 Nov. 1835
> Isaac,
> Carolina Lucinda,
> Martha,
> Nancy J
> second marriage may have been Leticia Unknown with one son born 1865
> Willie Deweese
> I would appreciate any information anyone has on Solomon's ancestors.
> Thanks in advance.
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:30:54 -0500
From: "Bobbie" <>
Subject: Re: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese
Message-ID: <>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

Hello Judith, thanks for the information I appreciate it very much Solomon's
parents seem to be very hard to find.

From: <>
Subject: [DEWEESE] Solomon Deweese

> This Solomon Deweese was born in North Carolina according to the 1870
> census
> of Texas County, Missouri. He was listed there with wife Lutitia and five
> of
> his children. I do not know who his parents were. Good luck with the
> search.

------------------------------

To contact the DEWEESE list administrator, send an email to

To post a message to the DEWEESE mailing list, send an email to .

__________________________________________________________
with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
email with no additional text.

End of DEWEESE Digest, Vol 2, Issue 10