DIEFFENBACH-L Archives

Archiver > DIEFFENBACH > 2006-09 > 1157090590

Subject: Re: [DIEFFENBACH] Conrad
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:03:10 -0400

Hi Jan,

To answer your question if I am a descendent of, "Johann Conrad Dieffenbach "? My reply is, " I believe that I am." I have been working from two previously researched Dieffenbach family lineage. One was completed by my Uncle the other by a cousin. Both merge at William Dieffenbach, who moved to MO and the name changed to Deffebach. My cousin's research dates to a "Casper DIEFFENBACH, b. 1660, d. 17--. Casper was to have arrived in London 1710 with one son following. His son, Johann Adam DIEFENBACH m. in 1734 to a "Sybil KOEBEL". Which was an incorrect spelling. Then to Micheal, John Peter, William, Marian Francis (M.F.) “Mel” DEFFEBACH, my GGGrandfather.

I have been researching the line and attempting to substantiate and correct errors in previous research. I am assuming "Casper" to be Conrad, since other information seems to fit and I have not located a Casper. :-)

I have a copy of DIEFFENBACH lineage from Dean Newhouse which begins with, MICHAEL1 DIEFENBACH was born Abt. 1560, and died Abt. 1613 and follows the line for many generations, excluding mine. :-)

If you have any information that might assist, I would love to see it and if I can provide any from my GGGrandfather' s line I would be more than happy to send you information. As for names, I have cataloged 22 variations of DIEFFENBACH, which I am certain is not all inclusive, any additional would be appreciated. Below are the names I have located.

I have located a number of "DIEFFENBACH's" Rev. War records at http://www.digitalarchives.state.pa.us after receiving my reply from the DAR would gladly share my findings if interested.

DIEFFENBACH VARIATIONS:

1 DEAFENBACH
2 DEEGENBACH
3 DEFENBAUGH
4 DEFFEBACH
5 DEFFEBACK
6 Deffeybough
7 DEVABOUGH
8 DEVEBAUGH
9 DEVONBAUGH
10 DIEFENBAUGH
11 DIEFENBEIDOR
12 DIEFFBACK
13 DIEFFENBACH
14 DIEFFENBACHEN
15 DIESTENBACH
16 DIFENBACH
17 DIFFEBACH
18 JEFFBACH
19 TEVEBAUGH
20 TEVENBAUGH
21 TIEREBAUGH
22 TWINBAUGH

I joined this list a few weeks ago and this is the first submission to come through my mail. Is this an active list or very limited. At the same time, I joined PABERKS list which is very active. I know ROOTSWEB has been migrating to a new system and thought that may be my problem. It seems to be slowely working for us using AOL, but there is always problems with AOL's filters when ROOTSWEB migrates to a new server.
Best regards, Denis