DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2007-09 > 1188932765

From: Lynne <>
Subject: [DNA-NEWBIE] ADMIN - Welcome!
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:06:05 -0400

At long last, welcome to the DNA-NEWBIE list!

The list was created nearly a month ago, but because of technical
difficulties no one could subscribe (including me!) until recently.
Seems all of the problems have been fixed, so let's get on with the
show. ;-)

A review of the subscriber list seems to indicate we have quite a mix,
including a few experts on board along with us newbies. I hope you
experts will help us muddle our way along. For my own sake, please
speak slowly and use small words. ;-)

I am definitely a newbie and a no-bie, as in knowing nothing at all
about genetics in genealogy. The few things I've read have been
rather technical. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why some are put
off by the whole idea. Cost is another consideration. This is
already a fairly expensive hobby. And I really don't know if DNA
testing can help or not with my research. My main focus is my
maternal line and I recall reading that only the testing of males can
really help.

Really, I don't think anyone can know less about genetic genealogy
that I do, so I'm looking forward to reading the posts to the list.

So, that's my story. What's yours? Please post and tell us why you
joined the list and what you expect to get out of it.

I look forward to reading your messages!

Best wishes,
Lynne

This thread: