DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2008-09 > 1222031858

Subject: Re: [DNA-NEWBIE] mtdna is not a sex chromosome...
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:17:38 EDT

Nelda-

I didn't say it was. What I said is that it is passed down through the
generations only via the females to all children--but continues on only through
the female line to successive generations (the tail female side of the
pedigree). In that regard it is a sex-linked inheritance pattern.

Joan

In a message dated 9/21/2008 4:58:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,