DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2009-01 > 1232484724

Subject: [DNA-NEWBIE] Another Callison question
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:52:04 -0500

11 people with the name Callison and all in the Virginia, TN, KY area in the early 1800's have been tested. The smallest difference between the group on 37 markers is 37/37 and the largest is 32/37. On the 32 out of 37, I am not sure if it would be 31/37 or 32/37. The majority have 15,16, 16, 18 on Allele # 464 a,b,c,d, three people have 15, 15, 16, 18 including the one with the most mismatches but he also has a 16 for 464 d. How does this marker count? Does he have 3 mismatches all on this one marker? All of the markers are on fast moving (as identified on familytreedna.com) except for one -- allele # 459. There are 8 or 9 generations between our earliest known Callison in the area and the person who tested. Would someone please discuss this situation with me? He has too many paper trail similarities not to be connected. Take care. Marilyn

This thread: