DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2010-01 > 1262800037

From: Rebekah Canada <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-NEWBIE] SMGF
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:47:17 -0600

Hi Joan,

H3a does appear to be rare. Of about 100 people in the H3 section of
the mtDNA full genomic sequence area of the H Project only four are
H3a.
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdna_h3/default.aspx

That makes H3a about 4% of H3. Those four show additional mutations in
their coding regions. There will be additional subclades of H3a at
some point. :-)

Rebekah

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM, <> wrote:

> I've yet to find even another single person at 23andme who matched my mtDNA
>  haplogroup of H3a. There are plenty of Hs and plenty of H3s but so far, no
>  H3as.
>
> Joan

This thread: