DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2010-09 > 1285702649

Subject: Re: [DNA-NEWBIE] Ancestry DNA results help...
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:37:29 EDT

I went back to the list archives because I was starting to get confused
about the nature of the test that was done. This is what Linda wrote: "I used
the GeneTree, DNA Testing Center." So it wasn't FTDNA.

I'm not at all sure that GeneTree wasn't performing some sort of ethnicity
test as opposed to an mtDNA test (or in addition to mtDNA testing). I'm not
familiar with GeneTree but some testing services were purporting to do
ethnicity testing and I've seen cases where the same individual was tested at
several of these labs and got different results from each one--especially
tests that were done as early as 2005 which was when Linda said her test was
done.

This is the main reason I'd question the testing service being able
(especially at that time) to differentiate between East Asian and Native American.

Joan

In a message dated 9/28/2010 1:18:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,