DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2011-10 > 1318967124

Subject: Re: [DNA-NEWBIE] How many family members should be tested?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:45:24 +0000

Hi Carol,
You would only need to test one male of each surname line - the oldest would be the best. Do test at least 37 markers. FTDNA has, by far, the largest database of Y-DNA records and the best support from both volunteers and company personnel, so I would strongly suggest testing with them.
CeCe Moore
www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T