DNA-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-NEWBIE > 2017-04 > 1491076815

From: joyce wilson <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-NEWBIE] blood cousin vs family tree cousin
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 20:00:15 +0000

If you have the chromosome information or can get it from gedmatch h or ftdna then you go to the speadsheet for the kit you are researching and note the position. Then you can look at the chromosome info, check where it starts and go up above where the matches start. Write down the names on your spread sheet all the way down past where the match would end and include a few poss. Then go to your matrix and run all those names in comparison. Circle any names that are in the matrix matches. Then go to those names in your matches and hunt for repeating names for those people or at least the line that those names appear in.
When you have an idea what line and what surnames you are looking at, you can then check their trees to see what you can see.
Anytime you have done this on the right of your spreadsheet keep good notes for the names that surface e thrrd.
Jjoyce