DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2012-03 > 1332991332

From: Bernard Morgan <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] [RL21Project] new DF23+/M222-
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:22:12 +0000

The DF23+ M222- are primary Scots-Irish or Irish-Scots (however you want to call them). Only two are most likely French ....

Stephens -origin given as maybe Scotland
Johnson - ancestors are from Ireland
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hjohnson/New%20Index/pedigrees/109285.19708.37464.60575.67494.81193.n10959.n26671.n881.127519.133224.157030.154583.htm
Caldwell - probably related to the Irish Caldwells of York County, PA
Warren - ancestors are from New York, the surname can be Norman or Anglized Irish surname,
Le Provost - ancestors are from Normandy/Brittany border (Northwest France - Channel Coast)
Lamphier - ancestors was born in Lanquedoc (South France) and died with his Childern in Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire, England. The surname is thought to be Welsh from the topographical name Llanfair, located near Harlech (Harlech Castle once was on the Irish Sea).
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/y/l/Faith-Pylerogers-Sacramento/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0468.html
Le Brun - ancestors are from 17th century Poitou and settled in Nova Scotia (West France - Atlantic Coast)Anglin (O hAngluinn) - ancestors are from from Ireland
Martin - ancestors are from Co. Antrim, Ireland
Kehoe - ancestors are from Co. Wexford, Ireland (Thought to be of the same stock as their master (they were bards to) O'Byrne.
Ferrill - would seem to be a varient of O'Farrell from Ireland
Eaton - English topographical names fairly common in Ulster and Leinster.
Kelly - ancestors are from Co Galway, Ireland and would be the Ui Maine.

Are some of the O'Bryne DF23+ and M222-?