DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2013-10 > 1382696731

From: "Alexander Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] New SNPs Below M222
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:25:31 +0100

Hi there,

No, it's not a private conversation.

I have already posted all I know, but I'll do it again.

ScotlandsDNA have discovered a total of 27 SNPs downstream of M222.

They are

S661
S658
S660
S659
S588
S603
S595
S590
S592
S597
S598

I (Paterson 118913) have all of these, as does Lamont 94014.

Charles Cain shares the first 8 of these with Lamont 94014 and I. I believe
there is a Kane in the same group as Charles Cain.

There are 2 Ui Nialls who share the top 5 with me, Lamont 94014 and Cain.

S673 lies downstream of S659.

Then comes S675/DF85 S675 and DF85 are different names for the same SNP.

After S675/DF85 comes S668, consisting of 1 Scot, 2 Englishmen and 6 Ui
Nialls. The group of 6 includes two Dochertys or variants.

Also downstream of M222 are

S7814
S568
S555
S556
S557
S558
S559
S560
S561
S562
S563
S564
S565
S566
S567

There is one Scotman whose name I think I know, but I'm not 100% sure so
I'll leave out the name. This Scot has 13 SNPs downstream of M222

So:

11 downstream in my whole genome
13 downstream in an unnamed Scot
S7814