Archiver > DOCHERTY > 2006-04 > 1146452525

Subject: William and John Docherty, Glasgow Scotland
Date: 30 Apr 2006 21:02:05 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

Message Board Post:

Hi all,

Looking for information on William Docherty b. about 1821 and his brother John b. about 1824, both in Glasgow, parents James Docherty and Sarah Boag from Ireland. I can't find a trace of them after the 1841 census, where they are still living with their parents and another brother James.

Also looking for a later generation of Docherty. John Docherty b. about 1853 and his brother William b. 1855 both in Glasgow, parents James Docherty and Margaret Watson both born Glasgow. I can't trace John after the 1881 census, and William after 1871.

All help appreciated.

This thread: