DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES-L Archives

From: ajleeb <>
Subject: Re: Silkworms (Re: [DVHH-Villages-L]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:15:40 -0700

That's the word I've been looking for.

Robert, since you had the experience with Mulberries, you know what they
look like, taste them, saw the trees in the yards on the main streets.
Between villages Mulberry trees were planted on each side of the road.

Did you happen to witness, when the Mulberries were ripe and fell off the
trees onto to side walks and street? The berries were fermenting.
In the mornings the geese were driven to village ponds. They would stay
there all day. In the evening the geese would come home on their direction.
When the berries season was on and the berries lying on the ground, the
geese wouldn't pass up the opportunity and having a few berries.
By the time they reached their destination, they were falling all over the
road. It sounded if they were singing, or arguing amongst themselves.
They ate too many fermented berries and got drunk.

Alex.