DOOLEY-L Archives

Archiver > DOOLEY > 2002-08 > 1030088708

From: "Randy Nisbet" <>
Subject: [DOOLEY] Hey Flo and My Lineage
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:45:08 -0700

Hi Flora,
No we have not written each other. I am tired and off
to bed soon but briefly in my daze..... I am from the triple Samuel Dooley
Line. I am part of Dooleys Cousins and Samuel Duley Yahoo Groups also. I am
in touch with a three cousins from that line also. Two from Samuel Dooley
1799, third cousins.
I am excited about the DNA. But I have not followed all
the emails closely. Are you all doing a different test set than Dooleys
Cousins Group? I only wish I could find someone in my line to test. All are
Dooley women that I have found. I have an uncle and one male cousin Dooley
but the chances of testing them are fairly low as the rest of the family has
had a falling out with them unfortunately.
I have been trying in sporadic free time to locate all
ancestors of my Great-Grandfather Andrew Jackson Dooley. Here is a copy of a
ROLL CALL Lineage posting I sent out some time ago. Hope to get to know you
all.

Randy Nisbet (mom a Dooley)

Subj: [Duley-Samuel] ROLL CALL
Date: 6/24/2002

I Love Roll Call

Samuel Dooley 1742-49 ? Augusta, GA 5G Grand
?
+Matha Patsy Anderson? 1753 Bedford Co, VA 5G Grand
?

Samuel Dooley 1766 ? Bedford Co, VA 4G
Grand
+Mary Kelso 1768-70 ? Ireland
4G Grand

Samuel Dooley 1-08-1799 Ohio 3G
Grand %
+Linnie Allen (First Wife) 11-25-1802 Shelby, Indiana 3G Grand
%

Andrew Jackson Dooley 1837 Boone Co., IN 2G Grand
@
+Mary Louise Beers 5-11-1847 Pennsylvania 2G Grand @

Charles Edward Dooley 1878 Scotts Bluff, NE G Grandfather
*
+Nancy Jane Eytchison 6-20-1878 Clay County, IL G Grandmother*

Charles Richard Dooley 5-30-1910 Scotts Bluff, NE Grandfather
*
+Geneva Jewell Davidson 6-03-1909 Hazelton, Indiana LivingGrandmother

Shirley Jean Dooley 9-24-1935 Long Beach, CA Living
Parent
+Rodney Lee Nisbet 9-29-1934 Long Beach, CA Living Parent

Randal Lee Nisbet 1-19-1962 Long Beach, CA Myself

* All came to L.B. in early 1920 after closing the long running Dooley
Family Brick Yard in Scotts Bluff. Two of Charles brothers also came out and
died in LA/Orange counties in 1940's. Nancy's living family (a sister) moved
to Colorado. Geneva and a large Davidson clan all moved to LB/So Calif
1926-1931 from Indiana. The Dooley's opened Dooley's Hardware Mart in 1920.
A three block dept. store which I closed during the recession in the mid
1990's. I am now moving out of the commercial property which we have sold to
LB School District. Dooley's was a very big name here in town this last
century. Charles R. Dooley was also a LB Councilman, Shriner and Mason.

@ Mary and Andrew eventually moved out west also to their final resting
place in Oregon. Several of the other eleven Dooley children moved to
N.Calif, Oregon, and Washington where descendants remain. They traveled the
country and lived in many places in the course of their lives. A cousin
inherited a lot of info passed that I personally am just now sorting
through.

% A cousin has some family papers reffering to Samuel and a supposed
picture of him in his casket at the funeral home. I have seen it and it was
marked appropriately on the back as Samuel and age at death. I am in touch
with 3rd cousin descended from Samuel and his 2nd wife Polly Stevens. I am
trying to gather info on the Allen family also with another new group.

Randy