DORSET-L Archives

Archiver > DORSET > 2001-10 > 1003586885

From: Don Elkins <>
Subject: [DOR] [Fwd: G-GRANDFATHER VANISHED]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:08:05 -0400

--------------1826976167E0725349FAF26F

I have had no luck on responses.
Louisa's maiden name was COOMER.She and the children may have been
residing at her parent's in Poole.Is that possible to check out in a
Directory.
Thanks-Don-Ontario.

--------------1826976167E0725349FAF26F

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:03:49 -0400
From: Don Elkins <>
Subject: G-GRANDFATHER VANISHED

I am trying to find what happened to my great grandfather Frank
Elkins.He and his wife Louisa and 3 children Athur,Mabel and Ivy were
living at Seaview on the Isle of Wight as per the 1891 Census.At the
time of the 1891 census Frank was 34 years old,Louisa 32 and the kids
7,6 and 4.
The Kelly's directory for Seaview do not show them listed there any
longer.I knew my Granfather Arthur came to Canada.In looking up the
Ellis Island web site I came across the whole family who migrated at
different time.The last to come to Canada was Louisa and here oldest
daughter Mabel in 1913.Arthur and Ivy came over in earlier years.Nothing
on Frank and he is not buried in Canada but Louisa is.
Question is that on the Ships(Oceanic out of Southampton) manifeast it
States that HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE WAS PARKSTONE,ENGLAND,registration
district of Poole.
Is there anyway of finding the residence she lived in and also who else
lived there?Also if there is any reference to Frank.
Thanks for any help.
Don Elkins,Ontario,Canada.

--------------1826976167E0725349FAF26F--

This thread: