DOUGHERTY-L Archives

Archiver > DOUGHERTY > 2001-01 > 0978732637

Subject: [DOUGHERTY-L] Joel Charles Dougherty
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:10:37 EST

We believe that our Joel Charles Dougherty was born in Indiana abt. 1812. It
appears that he married; Margaret Dunbar 30 June 1836 in Orange County,
Indiana.

We believe his father to be Charles Dougherty who migrated to Sangamon
County, Illinois abt. 1840; mothers name was Sarah, last name unknown.

Joel had siblings that we are reasonably sure of. Isabelle, Cintha
(Cynthia), Milton, Elizabeth, John, Jemima and Robert W. Isabelle married an
Eli Smith, Cintha married Miles Wasson, Elizabeth married John Galbert and
Jemima married Charles Groves.

Milton married Mary -?-, Joel m. Margaret Dunbar, John married Elizabeth
Smith had four children, she died, he then married Nancy Ann Bennington
Fidler and Robert W. married Elizabeth Hoover, she died and he married Mary
-?-.

Some of the children stayed in Indiana, Daviess County for the most part.
Others moved to Illinois and some to Kansas.

Any help with "our tree" of Dougherty's would be appreciated.

Joel Charles Dougherty was my GG Grandfather.

Thank You,
Sharon Pierpont

This thread: