DOUGHTY-L Archives

Archiver > DOUGHTY > 2004-12 > 1102479002

From: katahdin <>
Subject: Re: [Doughty] Doughty-Doty-Duty-Doten Y-DNA Project
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:10:02 -0800 (PST)

Donalyn, I am sending my ancestry on the Doughty line. I don't seem to see anyone on this web site who is from the north but us.

My mother was Glenda Irene Doughty b. 9 March, 1923 Fort Fairfield, Aroostook, Maine. d. 28 June, 2002 Lewiston, Kennebec, Maine. Married Clarence Emery Hilyard 8 March, 1943 Fort Fairfield, Maine.
Her parents:
William Henry Doughty b. 13 Jan., 1884 Limestone, Aroostook, Maine d. 4 Jan., 1946 Fort Fairfield, Aroostook, Maine. Married 19 Feb, 1905, Andover, Victoria, New Brunswick, Canada to Janet Elizabeth Coes.
They had 20 children 14 boys, 6 girls.
He was an only child.
His parents:
Daniel F. Doughty b. 3 Sept, 1853, Lakeville, Carleton, NB, Canada d. 16 Dec, 1930 Fort Fairfield, Maine. Married 9 Nov, 1882 Limestone, Maine to Elizabeth Alice Everett.
He was one of eight.
His parents:
Jonathan Ellis Doughty b. 1817 Poughkeepsie, Dutchess, New York d. 17 Oct, 1892 Limestone, Maine. Married 31 July, 1845 in Woodstock, Carleton, NB, Canada to Mary Jane Curran.
Jonathan was one of 7 that I know of.
Jonathan's parents:
Stephen Doughty b. abt 1770 Washington, Dutchess, New York d. unknown
married Mary Ellis.
I can fill in information about the spouses and children and some of their children.

Wanda Hilyard Gonzalez
I have contacted my uncle about DNA testing if funds remain available and am waiting to hear from him.
Thanks! I am excited about this. One of my other lines is doing this and they have positively linked several lines by DNA.

Donalyn Snelling <> wrote:
Thanks, Wanda and Janice,

I joined the list here and am able to answer any questions. As I explained
by private email, the contributions toward the YDNA tests right now need to
be used to establish the DNA of the earliest lines possible, so we all can
hook up with them :).

I'm trying to find documented direct descendants of Rev. Francis Doughty of
MA or William Duty of MA or Thomas Doughty of NH and ME or Edward Doughty of
PA or Thomas Duty of VA or Thomas Doughty of VA or John Doty connected with
Samuel Doty of NJ, as well as early UK documented descendants, through
Australia is also great, and a couple of others in the South.

FTDNA has a promotion on to match donations up to $25 per kit for 8 kits.
I've donated the matching funds in memory of my grandmother Anna Doaty
Addington, b. say 1781 in NC to Scott Co. VA. The catch is that they must
be first documented descendants from the lines and willing to pay the
additional $49 plus postage. Also, there still is not enough to test all of
the Most Wanted DNA with contributions, so some of it will certainly be on a
first come, first serve basis since the FTDNA promotion ends December 31,
2004.

For other lines, if this is something that interests you and you are
willing, do send lineage :). We just might come close to deadline and have
not found eight of these descendants (the maximum allowed for the discount).
I'll also stay on list to answer any questions, but everyone is welcome to
join the Yahoo forum. You can choose individual emails, digests or just
reading from the forum. The url is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/doughty-doty-duty-doten-dna/

Donalyn

P.S. Hi Nina :)

To find out mailing lists that you are subscribed to at RootsWeb: