DOVER-L Archives

Archiver > DOVER > 2006-02 > 1139682803

Subject: Re: ohio/pa dovers
Date: 11 Feb 2006 11:33:23 -0700

Surnames: Pa. Dovers
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/pRT.2ACEB/406.1

Message Board Post:

I have a listing in my records for a Philip Dover who took the Oath of Allegiance in Pa. on June 28,1777. This is from the Pa. Archives - vol. 3. Oath was taken in Philadelphia area usually within a year of arrival. I am for the parents of my great grandfather,Jacob Dover. I have found him in Luzerne County, Pa. in the 1840's . Have found other Jacob Dover in Lehigh Co. in early 1800's but haven't found a connection between the two. Any info on other Pa. Dovers apreciated.

This thread: