DOWNING-L Archives

Archiver > DOWNING > 2004-02 > 1076602747

Subject: Re: [DOWNING] Downing roll call.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:19:07 EST

There are three of us researching the Venango, Clarion County Pennsylvania
Downings. My cousin Rose Duntz, and a lady in Florida (name escapes me now). The
line is Robert Hayes (Hays) Downing Civil War Veteran of Parkers Landing, PA.
He was born in western Pennsylvania around 1827 His father Peter and mother
Isabel. We can go no further back. We cannot find ties to Downing Town
Downings, they may be there but we cant' find them. How ever our grand father also
Robert Downing of Parkers landing, 1873-1972, always told us we were Irish. The
entire family except me was red headed. But the family was always vague. If
someone asked "are you related to so and so?" My father always said "It they are
not Horse thieves, were not related!"

Hoping we will come across some red headed Heirs soon.

Sincerely

Robert H. Downing the third or forth.

This thread: