DRAKE-L Archives

Archiver > DRAKE > 2001-11 > 1005408238

From: Barb & Ken Marshall <>
Subject: Re: [DRAKE] Tombstones
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:03:58 -0800

Sorry Paul, but I have to disagree. I've been told that shaving cream
isn't good for the stones. I also shudder at the thought of baking soda.
I suggest that a little soap and water and a brush be used to clean the
stone and the photo taken while the stone is wet. Just the moisture
alone will bring out the writing.

Paul Drake wrote:

> Suggestion: take shaving cream and a small squeegee; spray the
> cream on the headstone, squeegee it off, and the cream will remain
> in the indentations for several minutes. Works VERY well, better
> than most any othger of the methods - bar soap, soda, chalk, crayon
> and paper, etc. Paul

This thread: