DRIVER-L Archives

Archiver > DRIVER > 2003-12 > 1072819386

From: "shadri" <>
Subject: Re: [DRIVER-L] Driver Family Poll..pls respond
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:23:27 -0500

Andy,

Wish I could give you some definite answers on my direct DRIVER line, but
mine it would seem, appeared by metamorphosis. <VBG> I can find collateral
lines or that is to say, those who are 'believed' to be collateral lines by
earlier researchers, on census records etc.

I find my 3rd great-grandfather George Washington Driver on the Census for
Ware County, GA in 1850 by 1860 they are living in Suwannee County, FL and
he died in Lafayette County, FL. As did his son, my 2nd great-grandfather. I
do have both their pension papers from the "War Between the States" [they
served in the 2nd FL Cav, Union, as Buglers] and those papers also place
George Washington DRIVER in the Seminole Indian Wars of Florida in the
earlier part of the 1800s. Can't recall the exact 3 years at the moment.
Would have to look that up. The military records say he was born in Screven
County, GA.

There is a Jacob DRIVER b. SC, is listed on the death index in Gwinnett
County, GA for 1850...I believe it is 'possible' this is my 4th great
grandfather. Until I can get some documentation tho, can't say for sure.

If you, or any of our DRIVER cousins, have some advice for me on records to
order, and where to request them...or where I can begin looking for answers
on this clan of DRIVERs, I am most willing to order the documents, or pay
for copies if someone has already done so.

This is 'believed' to be the order of my direct DRIVER lineage.
(1) Isaac (m. ?) NC>SC,
(2) John (m. ?) SC,
(3) Jacob (m. ?) SC>GA,
(4) George Washington (m. Susannah/Susan A. GRIFFIN) GA>FL,
(5) William Riley (m. Elizabeth B. WILLIAMS) GA>FL
(6) Henry Lafayette (m. Sophia EMERSON) FL,
(7) James Jerry (m. Ida BYRD) FL,
(8) Jerry Driver, Jr. (m. Barbara Jean ROBINSON) FL,
(9) Sharon Denise Driver, FL [me]

I have a little about my family on my website.
Any additions or corrections would be sincerely appreciated.
Sharon's Southern Heritage, Driver and Allied Families
http://www.geocities.com/shezzybug/

Hoping the new year will bring many exciting discoveries for all of us!

Sharon Driver Wright
Florida, USA

>Andy wrote:
I am very deep into Driver history, and I would be very interested in
finding out exactly what the Driver ancestry line is for people who are
checking out this chat line.. I have uncovered a ton of info, so I may be
able to give any respondent some previously unknown information..

SO PLEASE, if you or any of your ancestors, or your spouse, has Driver
blood..pls pls take one minute to email me and tell me the oldest Driver
descendant that you have that you are aware of...If you are like me and can
trace back to Robert Driver in 1520, then what I would want is the American
Driver descendant..

I specifically would be interested in anyone who can trace back to William
Driver b.1705. Thanks

my email is

pls email me..we can help each other..thanks

Andy Brandon<

This thread: