DUGUAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUGUAY > 2003-02 > 1044542121

Subject: Re: [DUGUAY] LINE OF DESCENT
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:35:21 +0000

Hello Michele,

So good to hear from you. Yes, it would seem we are definitely of the same
family. Your Francois and my Jean Marie being brothers - both sons of Rene
Irenee. Here is my line of descent in the Duguay and Roussy families.

DUGUAY:

Rene dit Irenee Duguay and Marguerite Prejean dit Lebreton (1)
Jean Marie Duguay and Marie Anne Sareau dit Oliver (2)
Fabien Duguay and Marie Anne Sareau dit Daraiche (3)
Fabien Duguay and Elisabeth Lebrasseur (4)
Joseph Duguay and Marie Mathilde Loisel (5)
Philippe Duguay and Malvina Roussy (6)
Marie Alice Yvonne Duguay and John Harold Avery (7)

ROUSSY:
Pierre Leon Roussy and Anne Chapados (1)
Louis Roussy and Angelique Parise (2)
Stanislas Roussy and Charlotte Clothilde Lancup (3)
Joseph Roussy and Salomee Castilloux (4)
Malvina Roussy and Philippe Duguay (5)
Marie Alice Yvonne Duguay and John Harold Avery (6)

I found some interesting history that tells of your Francois and my Jean Marie
being among the founders of Shippagan. I will send you that as well.

I found this in the Paspebiac Registers - it is most interesting - I hope my
translation is accurate. It would form another connection of our lines through
marriage - although I don't know quite how it would work.

Louis Roussy s'est noye avec son frere Andre en revenant de Shippagan, NB. le
15 novembre 1808. Angelique, sa veuve, se remarie a Paspebiac, le 7 avril 1810
a Francois Duguay, fils de Francois Duguay et de Madeleine Chapados.

Louis Roussy(2) and his brother Andre drowned while returning from Shippagan,
NB. on 15 November 1808. Angelique, his widow, remarried at Paspebiac on 7
April 1810 to Franois Duguay, son of Franois Duguay and Madeleine Chapados .

All the best,

Carolee