DULIN-L Archives

Archiver > DULIN > 2000-02 > 0949717136

From: DAVID OSBORNE <>
Subject: Re:
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 21:18:56 -0500

Betty Frain wrote:

> Hi David, and welcome!
>
> Why don't you give us some background on your line of Dulins, or at least a bit about how far you have gotten and what your brick wall is. Notice I didn't say if you have a brick wall. <g> One always appears somewhere.
>
> While we are at it, maybe this is a good time to have everyone speak up about their lines. This is a small list and it shouldn't clog your mail boxes too much. My line can be found at the Dulin page listed below. It is a little out of date, and I am considering moving it somewhere we can include all the lines. What do you all think?
>
> Betty Frain-Web Master
>

> Dulin Genealogy:
> http://www.uftree.com/UFT/WebPages/BettyFrain/DULINWP/index.htm
>
> Elgin Genealogy:
> www.elgins.com
>
> Frain Genealogy:
> http://www.uftree.com/UFT/WebPages/BettyFrain/FRAINWP/index.htm
>
> Researching ELGIN, DULIN, HAMMERLY, THRASHER, CROSS, THRIFT, CARTWRIGHT, MCLEAN, PETTIT, PENN, TAYLOR, ROBINSON, FRAIN
>
> ==============================
> The RootsWeb WorldConnect Project:
> 12.8 million individuals and counting.
> http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/
Hello,
My name is Ron Bachman. I share this PC with David Osborne -- I am the
one interested in the Dulin family.
I have been researching the family for about three years and have had
some luck -- considering how little I knew about the family when I
started. My grandmother Margaret Ann Dulin (b. 1874, Pottawatomie
County, KS, d. 1949, Lyon County, KS) was the daughter of Benjmain
Franklin Dulin (b. 1843, Pickaway County, OH, d. 1880, Pottawatomie
County, KS). Benjamin was the son of Alfred (Franklin/Francis) Dulin
(b. ca. 1800, probably Hampshire County, (now West) Virginia, d. between
1843 and 1849, Pickaway County, OH), who was the son of William Dulin
(b. 1773, Fauquier County, VA, d. 1832, Hancock County, OH) and
Charlotte Flourance (b. 1773, Fauquier County, VA, d. 1866, Hancock
County, OH). I am 99% sure William was the son of William Dulin (b. ca.
1749 near Summerduck, VA, d. before 1819, Fauquier County, VA) and
Elizabeth Stone or Elizabeth Glasscock -- a lot of us have been trying
to figure that one out. This William was the son of William Dulin and
Clemmence Ball. I think the evidence supports the hypothesis that this
William was the eldest son of William Dulin of Fairfax County, but
that's still an open question.
Hope to hear from other Dulin researchers soon.
Ron

This thread: