DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY > 1999-02 > 0918074503

From: "Sandra J. Coulter" <>
Subject: Coulter Families in Dumfries
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:41:43 -0500

My research is taking me from John Coulter, son of Joseph Coulter and Ann
? possibly to Dumfries, , Scotland.. I think Joseph is descended from
Eleanor Coulter, who with six sons settled in Sussex Co., Delaware, USA
about 1719.

Scottish Church Records show two James Coulter families with children whose
ages seem to fit my family: One in Dumfries, Dumfries, Scotland 1693-1695
and the other in Torthorwald, Dumfries, Scotland 1696 - 1698.

>From Dumfries: John, christened 22 Aug 1693
James, christened 5 Dec 1695
Janet, christened 30 Sep 1697

>From Torthorwald: Michael, christened 7 Sep 1696
William, christened 12 Dec 1697
Mary, christened 4 Dec 1698

Does anyone on this list know anything about either of the above families?
I am trying to find Eleanor's husband, and would be delighted if someone
can tell me that one of the James' above was married to an Eleanor.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sandy Coulter

This thread: